SEWING DILEMNA? Ask Londa's FREE advice!!!

Yes...as a sewing educator for over 35 years, designer, and author with experience as a sewing machine dealer/fabric shop owner, custom dressmaker and more...I'm most happy to answer ANY and all questions to the best of my ability. Just contact me HERE with your question.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Houston Quilt Show Ramblins'

FINALLY back from the Houston where my friend, Glenda and I manned booths at both Quilt Market (wholesale) & Festival (retail)!!! On the road on Monday, 11/3 I got a call inviting me to come on up to the Original Sewing and Quilt Expo in Minneapolis to sub for another teacher who had a family medical emergency...so, with the van all loaded anyway - why not?!? Sew.....after one night in my own bed (loving on my cats who desparately missed me during my 2 week absence), I took off again - but this time with my wonderful hubby for my helper! Yea!!!!!
The management of those shows is amazingly wonderful, and I had a great time. I taught my 'wing-it' version of Basic Sweatshirt Jacket fitting - which turned out to be such a wonderful one hour class, that I'm adding that to my class offerings as I travel. Same goes with "Embellishment"- another new one. God works in mysterious ways, He does, He does!

FINALLY home then late last Sunday night to 2 VERY desparate and starving felines - who have hardly left my side day and night. I think I'm caught up on orders, and rested...lots of work, but all-in-all VERY exciting. Looking now at travels for next year already. Always find those listed on the front of my website. Houston brought bookings from two more stores in Florida for February. This Illinoisan says "Twist my arm!"

Some photos from Houston...








The 'store' on the left...





Helpers Extraordinairre: Glenda on the right - my helper who traveled with me and was both great help AND company, and Pat in the middle - our Houston new friend who helped out at the booth, giving us both a chance to have some 'shopping' time ourselves! My wonderful little sister also drove up from Austin to help on Friday - ALWAYS appreciated!
On Halloween, across from us in the booth all about Singer Featherweight machines - we were treated to these characters - how original! Another past helper, Darlene, sent me this link: http://planetpatchwork.com/travel/houston08.htm saying to scroll down to read what a quilt shop owner posted about my offerings at the market. Another picture of yours truly - in my 'Promised' Jacket. Click there and scroll down to read it for yourself.

No comments: