SEWING DILEMNA? Ask Londa's FREE advice!!!

Yes...as a sewing educator for over 35 years, designer, and author with experience as a sewing machine dealer/fabric shop owner, custom dressmaker and more...I'm most happy to answer ANY and all questions to the best of my ability. Just contact me HERE with your question.

Thursday, November 13, 2008

Engage with me in Merry Tossmas

Just got this email - and WOW! Do I ever agree! Be sure to click on the title of this post to watch the very entertaining - and pointedly true video on "Tossmas".

Here is the list of Christmas-friendly retailers - that I will support. In fact, I plan on going to Bed Bath & Beyond with my 20% off coupon, asking to see the Manager, then respectfully rip it up in their presence and tell them why and that I'm on my way over to Linen n' Things to buy that coffee maker for my hubby for a CHRISTMAS gift because they call Dec. 25 what it is - Christmas!

See below - and participate as you feel led. I feel better that I've shared it with you!

Focus on the Family Action’s2008 Christmas-Friendly Shopping Guide

How leading retailers’ messages rate
Last updated: 11/13/08
We welcome your use of these ratings in your shopping decisions. As an additional way to help you communicate with the retailers we evaluated, we are providing the convenience of a petition which you can sign by visiting focuspetitions.com.
Retailers will be presented with petitions – thanking those that embrace “Christmas,” and alerting those that have purged or marginalized “Christmas” that you object to the secularization of Christmas. We hope you will “stand for Christmas” with us and encourage the continued acknowledgement of this historic Christian observance in our culture.
"Christmas-friendly" retailers– prominent acknowledgment of "Christmas"
Cabela's Crate&Barrel Dillard's Eddie Bauer JCPenney Kohl's

L.L.Bean Lands' End Linens 'n Things Lowe’s Macy's Neiman Marcus Nordstrom Pier 1 Imports Sears The Home Depot Target Wal-Mart

Christmas-negligent” retailers – marginalized use of “Christmas”
Barnes & Noble Bed Bath & Beyond Best Buy Borders
Circuit City Dick's Sporting Goods GAP KB Toys Kmart Toys “R” Us

“Christmas-offensive” retailers – apparent abandonment of “Christmas”
American Eagle Banana Republic Bloomingdale's Lane Bryant Old Navy

Originally published by Focus on the Family Action. Copyright © 2008 Focus on the Family.

1 comment:

Pinkscissors said...

Very interesting. I will definitely be careful where I shop this Christmas season.