SEWING DILEMNA? Ask Londa's FREE advice!!!

Yes...as a sewing educator for over 35 years, designer, and author with experience as a sewing machine dealer/fabric shop owner, custom dressmaker and more...I'm most happy to answer ANY and all questions to the best of my ability. Just contact me HERE with your question.

Sunday, January 09, 2011

Recent books I've read

The Last Jihad and The Last Days by Joel Rosenberg were thrillers based on modern day history and gave me a new insight into the middle eastern conflict. These fictional books so intersect with modern day events and issues = you'll be amazed and glued to them! I certainly was. In fact, I actually read The Last Days 2 times not even realizing it until more than half way through!!!!! That is how FULL this author packs characters and events into his works.

HIGHLY recommend!

Also - went back into history upon reading of Up From Slavery by Booker T. Washington in Sarah Palin's newest book. I learned oodles about the culture of slavery in U.S. History and certainly have a newfound knowlege and respect for Booker T. Washington. His respect for and elevation of WORK - and work done well was inspiring and refreshing.

No comments: