SEWING DILEMNA? Ask Londa's FREE advice!!!

Yes...as a sewing educator for over 35 years, designer, and author with experience as a sewing machine dealer/fabric shop owner, custom dressmaker and more...I'm most happy to answer ANY and all questions to the best of my ability. Just contact me HERE with your question.

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Feel like a 'Dressed Up' gal in these casual days...

OK - amongst a very frustrating day - note my VERIZON post a bit ago - I needed to feel GOOD. So I 'dressed up' for an appointment with my patent attorney this afternoon ....
I have on:
  • Deep Teal camisole for COLOR
  • Topped with WHITE - yes - WHITE shirt from Coldwater Creek as a 'jacket'. It has 3/4 length sleeves, a stand up wing type collar. I haven't had a WHITE shirt for AGES. Was taught - and still believe that 'you shouldn't wear a white whiter than your eyes (mine are pretty bloodshot these days), or your teeth (well, I did have some cosmetic work done, but didn't go for 'Chicklet' white)... but it feels smart, snappy - and I LIKE IT! That's the bottom line - if you feel GOOD in what you're wearing!
  • My Coldwater Creek dark JEANS (that amazingly FIT my curvy ample 'behind' and smaller waist) in which I pressed front and back creases.
  • Added silver earrings with bit of Teal in them and a groovy (is that a current word?) chain type belt.
  • AND - I think this is real important- I put on HEELS! I can't tell you how much better, more confident, more dressed up I feel in HEELS~! These are sandals - and a chunky 2" heel (new), but they make the difference between feeling frumpy and feeling dressed up - at least to my soul!
So - that's my 'fashion advice' for the day. Oh - and I have to tell Dear Daughter that the current IN STYLE magazine says it is A-OK to wear denim with denim - as long as it is different, and doesn't look like you tried to match it. Lots of 'stars' are doing that - and photos there to prove it.

No comments: