SEWING DILEMNA? Ask Londa's FREE advice!!!

Yes...as a sewing educator for over 35 years, designer, and author with experience as a sewing machine dealer/fabric shop owner, custom dressmaker and more...I'm most happy to answer ANY and all questions to the best of my ability. Just contact me HERE with your question.

Friday, February 19, 2010

Sewers...Help Drill a Well


OK - so I'm hard at work on my newest pattern, 'Living'. Formerly known as the 'Swirl Jacket' - it has proven so popular that I'm adding 2 jackets to it and making it a pattern - called 'LIVING'.
So named because the swirls remind me of water as it goes around stones - Christ is the 'Living Water'.... Sew...I think: let's join together to dig a well for a village in Africa!

This well costs $2600 to drill through World Vision.
According to their website, "In countries like Malawi, a well just 60' deep can bring health and life to a community of 150 people supplying more than 600 gallons of wafe ater a day for drinking, bathing, irrigating crops and watering livestock."

I will tithe 10% which is $1.50 of the sale of each of these patterns to this cause. However, that would take selling 1734 patterns! That's a LOT of patterns!

Sew...I need your help! At this website, you can help us reach this goal sooner - by donating to this cause directly!

http://www.firstgiving.com/londasdrillawell

This pattern to create a great jacket from a sweatshirt - with THREE related jacket styles - will be available by the end of March, but I'm taking pre-orders at this time.

No comments: