SEWING DILEMNA? Ask Londa's FREE advice!!!

Yes...as a sewing educator for over 35 years, designer, and author with experience as a sewing machine dealer/fabric shop owner, custom dressmaker and more...I'm most happy to answer ANY and all questions to the best of my ability. Just contact me HERE with your question.

Wednesday, September 03, 2008

LUV, LUV the newest THREADS Magazine!

The November 2008 (WHY oh WHY are the months on magazines SEW far in the future?) THREADS arrived yesterday - kept me awake last night! This is the BESTEST issue I've seen in awhile. I devoured most of it - but can't wait to settle down and REALLY digest "Behind the Seams at Chado Ralph Rucci" with Claire Shaeffer and "Gussets in Facings" by Kenneth King. Even though what I am sewing these days is about as far from those fashions as possible, I love vicariously enjoying the process by reading the how-to's.



The New Look 6632 jacket as reviewed on page 22 is the perfect inspiration for a chenille by the inch and tape measure twill tape embellishment placement on the current sweatshirt transformation I'm at work on. I'll post pictures soon .



AND - page 66 - note those JUMBO SNAPS on Marcy Tilton's jacket. I CARRY those ! Just figured out they are not on my site - I'll fix that pronto and come back and add the link...
I love the way the side on the back of the overlap still make a 'statement' by the way in which they are stitched on! Another idea for a jacket of mine...the next one 'up' on my design table, no doubt.



In fact, I carry LOTS of what is in this magazine - here's a listing...


Bobbin Buddies - pg. 14
Bobbin Winder - pg. 26
Vegetable Ivory (Tagua Nut) Buttons - pg. 32
Acid Free Tissue Wrap and Storage Box- pg. 42
Iron Off - pg. 57
African Buttons - pg.73
Jumbo Snaps - pg. 66 as seen on Marcy's jacket
Neopague and Lumiere Paint - Starter Kit - pg. 66
coming any day ...
Stitch Dissolve Distort - book pg. 18
Studio Kat purse patterns - pg. 88
Oliver+S children' patterns - pg. 14

No comments: