SEWING DILEMNA? Ask Londa's FREE advice!!!

Yes...as a sewing educator for over 35 years, designer, and author with experience as a sewing machine dealer/fabric shop owner, custom dressmaker and more...I'm most happy to answer ANY and all questions to the best of my ability. Just contact me HERE with your question.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Buttonhole Elastic Alteration for Skinny Kids

My #1 Grandson, Cole is just SO teeny! His waist is about a 3T - but he's getting pretty tall - so we buy Size 4 - but then the pants fall off of him. So - it's BUTTONHOLE ELASTIC to the rescue.
I was reminded of this ...

1. When the pants I just bought him were falling off and he was walking with his legs all wide apart-trying to keep them from falling off...

2. I just got an order for 15 yards of Buttonhole Elastic. Bet the customer is a Mom or Granny with the same issues as described above. Find Buttonhole Elastic by just using the SEARCH tool in the upper left hand corner...that tool is AMAZING - at my site: Londa's Creative Threads. Have it on my order again - as i ALWAYS sell this cool stuff. ( A bunch of loose ends are up in my End of Season Clearance Department as well...)

Sew anyway - I was going to write a tutorial about how to do it - and since I'm squeezed for time, I thought I'd google for it - and found this great link - to a pretty cool blog from a gal homeschooling her kids, and living frugally in Ca.
http://tmlf.blogspot.com/2008/02/retrofitting-waistband-with-buttonhole.html

Sew- her directions are just pretty darned great - so, try it!

No comments: