SEWING DILEMNA? Ask Londa's FREE advice!!!

Yes...as a sewing educator for over 35 years, designer, and author with experience as a sewing machine dealer/fabric shop owner, custom dressmaker and more...I'm most happy to answer ANY and all questions to the best of my ability. Just contact me HERE with your question.

Friday, September 05, 2008

Londa 'published' in magazine and new book







Exciting Days - my work has recently been published!







Sweatshirts with a Twist is a book edited by the editor of Clotilde's Sew Savvy Magazine, Julie Johnson. Published by House of White Birches, this book offers "12 Sensational Sweatshirt Redesigns - Changing the Ordinary Into the Extraordinary!" My own 'Fuchsia Fun' Jacket from my Refined pattern is included. I am sure honored to be invited to contribute to this book!




At just $14.95, this books is a great value with complete jacket directions from myself and 11 other designers. Order it from me HERE.

Creative Needle Magazine editor Ann Henderson caught up with me in Houston last year at the Quilt Festival. We go 'way' back to my heirloom sewing days in the late 80's and early 90's, when I wrote a column for about a year in that wonderful fine sewing magazine. Ann challenged me to design a sweatshirt for a child with "Londa flair". My genre doesn't include any typical appliques, so here is what I came up with - as found in my Promised Pattern. I love this full page column photo of the jacket. Kits for this little jacket are available ... click HERE to see the options and place your order. In the same magazine issue(just released October 2008 issue that features charming Christmas and holiday garments, gifts, and decor items), is my article on Sewing with Knits.

I'm sure you can order this great Creative Needle Magazine at their website: http://www.creativeneedlemag.com/

No comments: