SEWING DILEMNA? Ask Londa's FREE advice!!!

Yes...as a sewing educator for over 35 years, designer, and author with experience as a sewing machine dealer/fabric shop owner, custom dressmaker and more...I'm most happy to answer ANY and all questions to the best of my ability. Just contact me HERE with your question.

Sunday, May 15, 2005

One Seam Pants

I made a pair one one seam pants in a mediam. They actually fit me. I am so happy. I have lost 90 pounds. And the one seam pants fit me perfectly. I sew a pair of pants and then throw away the ones that are too big for me. Diane

5 comments:

Joan said...

A great big congratulatory hug for your weight loss. I was wondering if you could post a picture of your "new you" in your size medium pants?
I would love to know more about how you managed to lose all that weight and how long it took you. Could you write a little paragraph about it to inspire some of us who also want to lose weight?

Kathy in Ohio said...

Congratulations Diane! I haven't made a pair of one seams in a long time. maybe I should try. Unlike yourself, I have gained some weight and that does not bode well for being able to use my summer pant patterns. Ugh! But I shall persevere. Again, congratulations!

Londa said...

One of the great part of these pants is the elastic application. I have done hindreds of these - if you count all the times I taught this in classes in my shop, and the pants I've made for myself and family. Some hints on the successful application of the Sport Elastic (yes, I carry this at my site www.londas-sewing.com - can be found in the Gallery - under Miscellaneous Wisdom - click on that, and then it is the bottomost article....which I just realized wasn't working - so I just fixed it!

Diane said...

It took me three years to loose this weight. I lost 2-3 pounds a week. I ate less and did a lot of walking. I dont know how to post a picture of me Diane

Anonymous said...

My daughter is 12 and loves to sew. She would like a dress form for Christmas. Where and what kind should I buy her? I think I would like one that would grow with her. Joanne's Fabric has one, but it not only is to big but it is not very good quality. Any ideas?